Saturday 16 January 2016

New beginnnings

0

Becoming a mom changes everything.

I know some people identify themselves by their profession... Well it's all too easy to take comfort and pride in the daily things you do and perceive of it as important. Back in the hospital it was literally life and death, and not many more things can top that.

But once you are blessed with the fortune to call another being your child, you are a mother first and everything else second.

In fact I too used to think of working moms being self-consumed back during my pre-motherhood days. Oh how clueless I was!

Now it makes perfect sense to understand the sacrifices that we all make in the name of love. And how giving your best to what means the most to you, might mean being thought of as selfish by others...

Which is why I decided to take a holiday from being a doctor doctor for a while.

Maybe now that there's a bit more time on my hands I could get back on track to finding out more about myself as a person. Hopefully keep on learning new things and become the best version of me along the way.

So this is to become is a keepsake, a depository of mishmash thoughts, perhaps a memoir somewhat that my little one(s) can read when they're older. A scrapbook of sorts.

Here's to trying to strike a balance between family, and fulfilment.
Nena and my Mishal

Love, Mommy MD.



0 comments:

Post a Comment